Map solution based on Google map Custom interactive maps sample showcase
- Represent Multiple Database Stats on Heat Map/Choropleth Map
- Apply Geographical Area Polygon Overlay on Google Maps
- Category Legend, Hide / Display Overlay Objects / Map Layers
- Crowd Sourcing Map / Crowd Mapping
- Create Data Clustering Live Maps, Data Mining Maps
- Visualize Business Sales Data in Europe using Heat Maps
- Distance Measuring and Driving Directions between Locations
- Rally Map across Provinces of Nigeria
- Congressional District Map with ZIP Code Search
- CSV Address Geocoding with Icon Filter and Information Box
- Import Excel Spreadsheet data to generate US Population Map
- Census Data and Demographics Map
- Central Paris Map with Scattered Placemarks
- US States Overlay on Google Maps
Flash based Interactive Maps Created using iMapBuilder Online
- Airline Operations Across the Atlantic
- Gini Index Map as an Intensity (Heat) Map
- Asia-Pacific Cities with Urban and Suburban Railways
- Daker Rally Route Map with Daily Distances Covered by Players
- Heat Map Showing Swine Flu Stats
- European Multiple Layer Map with Filtering
- Branch Offices Location Map with Styled Text and Office Image
- US Bank Failure Map Demonstrate with Different Pinpoint Icons
- Interactive University Campus Directory Map by iMapBuilder Online
- Drill-down Map by Linking up Multiple iMapBuilder Projects
- Voting Precinct / Election District Map
- Course Offerings Map of College Across a State Using Imported Icons
Interactive HTML5 Map Making ( Custom Map Projects )
Discuss everything about iMapBuilder and interactive maps in our support forum.
Interactive Map Samples Showcase > Map solution based on Google map >
Represent Multiple Database Stats on Heat Map/Choropleth Map
Heat Maps (or Choropleth Maps) are a thematic maps for geographical representation of statistics. It is a visual way to show how a measurement varies geographically. They can be represented by dots (e.g. longitude and latitude values, or GPS coordinates) or by areas (e.g. countries, administrative divisions, election districts, postcode areas, arbitrary regions, markets, rooms etc.). Heat Map uses a color progression or gradients to depict data per area on the map. The data source of these heat maps usually come from databases or even Excel files.
Heat Map Creation
There are many ways a geographical map can be transformed into a heat map. Simple heat maps can be created by aligning raw data to a color gradient, so that each color in the gradient corresponds to a raw data range. Sometimes, it would be more meaningful to have data analysis and calculations before mapping out the heat map. Complex heat maps can be generated by comparison and manipulation of different datasets.
The base map chosen for heat maps can be GIS, online maps or dedicated Flash maps which do not need online access to map data. The heat map pattern can be generated using online scripts, which get data from the database and perform calculations to generate the colors for each area. Then it can be drawn by using API calls for online maps, or generate an XML setting file for dedicated Flash maps to read in and display the colors. Different color progressions, or gradients, can be used to depict different datasets.
Heat Map Usage Scenarios
Here are some examples in which heat maps are useful. If you are interested in doing a heat map and don't know if your requirements suit for one, please feel free to contact us for further consultation.
- Density of data (members) per ZIP codes / Population density
- Sales turnover by regions/sales reps area
- Market and volume concentration per sales territory
- Activity level of wildlife in national parks
- Percentage change in traffic accidents and crime rates
- Website visitor pattern around the world (using IP address)
- Relative strength between currencies
- Social media penetration in different markets
- Mobile network signal strength and quality in cities
- Occupation efficiency of rooms in floor plans
- Pandemic/Disease case info per country for medical and health industry
- Working capacity for each state
- Support levels/voting of different political parties in opinion polls and elections
- Combination of different data source into hybrid maps or layered maps
- Historical data representation - a map with a slider allowing a continuous heat map showing the change of data according to time steps
- Fuzzy representation of heat map without area boundaries
- Creation of isoline maps by joining points of the same value with an explicit, continuous line
iMapBuilder Online - Google Map Editor creates interactive Google Map and custom image map online with no programming required. Create custom Google Map by following the steps in the video tutorials:
Video Tutorial: How to create an interactive map by using GMap Editor
Video Tutorial: How to add markers in the Google Map Editor
Video Tutorial: How to add polylines in custom map
Video Tutorial: How to insert image to the popup box in a Custom Google Map
Sign up a FREE account to create your custom Google Map.
iMapBuilder HTML5 Map Builder creates interactive cross-platform image map that supports desktops, tablets, and other mobile devices (e.g. iPhone and Android devices). Using iMapBuilder mapping software, various overlays can be added into the map without coding knowledge.
Video Tutorial: Create Interactive HTML5 Map with Overlays
Video Tutorial: Create HTML5 Heat Map
Download the trial version of HTML5 Map Builder to create your own image map.